Twilight Pro v3.4
Requirements: 2.1 and up
Overview: Are you having troubles to fall asleep? Are your kids hyperactive when playing with the tablet before bed time?
Are you using your smart phone or tablet in the late evening? Twilight may be a solution for you!
Recent research suggests that exposure to blue light before sleep may distort your natural (circadian) rhythm and cause inability to fall asleep.
The cause is the photoreceptor in your eyes, called Melanopsin. This receptor is sensitive to a narrow band of blue light in the 460-480nm range which may suppress Melatonin production – a hormone responsible for your healthy sleep-wake cycles.
In experimental scientific studies it has been shown an average person reading on a tablet or smart phone for a couple of hours before bed time may find their sleep delayed by about an hour.
The Twilight app makes your device screen adapt to the time of the day. It filters the blue spectrum on your phone or tablet after sunset and protects your eyes with a soft and pleasant red filter. The filter intensity is smoothly adjusted to the sun cycle based on your local sunset and sunrise times.
-more high res
– fix for civil sunrise times shown instead of official (only a presentational problem – filter is based on official anyway)
– filter time modes – Always/Sun/Alarm/Custom
– Custom mode now available in free version
– Visual indicator of filter times
– Partial support for non-Sleep as Android alarm clocks
– Better support for Sleep as Android – Bedtime to alarm filter times
– more high res bitmaps
This app has no advertisements
Download Instructions: PRO features Unlocked