Samsung rolled out XXUAML4 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean official firmware update for Galaxy Trend Plus GT-S7580. The firmware update rolled out in various countries including Spain, Czech Republic and Morocco; and can also be downloaded for a manual update. This new firmware update only brings bug fixes and performance tweaks on your Galaxy Trend Plus GT-S7580. Continue reading this guide to learn how to get official stock S7580XXUAML4 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware running on Galaxy Trend Plus GT-S7580. Nearly all possible ways to update your device to this firmware is discussed here. One thing you should note that flashing or installing official firmware restore kernel hence your root access will be void, in short it will unroot it.
How To Update Galaxy Trend Plus GT-S7580 via OTA
- First of all make sure you have stable internet connection (Wi-Fi or data network) on your device.
- Now, go to Android app drawer and then select Settings.
- Then locate About Device and tap on it.
- Next select Software update from About device screen.
- Then tap on Update option.
- You should see an update, press OK to download and install. (Remember, download using 3G or network data will incur additional charges to your phone bill!)
- Soon your device will reboot to complete the installation process.
How To Update Galaxy Trend Plus GT-S7580 via Kies
- Make sure you have stable internet connection on your computer.
- Now download and install Samsung Kies on your computer.
- Turn on your device (if it off) and then connect it to computer with USB cable.
- Run Samsung Kies and wait for it to detect your device.
- You should see a New Firmware Upgrade is available at Samsung Kies home screen.
- Press the Firmware Upgrade button to proceed.
- Follow on screen instruction and soon you will see your device running upgrade and reboot automatically. Once done, you can disconnect your device from computer.
S7580XXUAML4 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware Downloads
How To Install S7580XXUAML4 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean On Galaxy Trend Plus GT-S7580 Manually
- Download Odin v3.09.
- Extract Firmware zip file that you downloaded earlier from above link, you will get a .tar.md5 file and some other files (optional).
- Extract Odin zip file and you will get Odin3 v3.09.exe along with few other files.
- Power off your Android device. Wait 5-6 seconds for vibration to confirm complete switch off.
- Now, put the Galaxy Trend Plus GT-S7580 in Download Mode by pressing and holding down the Home &Volume Down button together while pressing the Power button. A warning screen will come up; press Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.
- Now run Odin3 v3.09.exe (see Step 3) as an Administrator because Admin privileges is required to complete the process smoothly (only applicable Windows Vista and higher).
- Now connect your device to your PC using USB cable. An “Added!!” massage will appear in Odin’s message box. If you don’t get the same then you should try another USB port (try USB port located in back in your desktop PC). If that too don’t work then you should reinstall the driver. If you successfully see the “Added!!” message in Odin then you are ready to go in next step. You should also see COM port with a number in Yellow if you successfully added your device.
- Click the AP Button, and select that .tar.md5 file that you get in Step 2. If you are using old Odin then add the file to PDA button.
- In Odin window, make sure only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected.
- Double check everything that we mentioned in Step 8 & Step 9 above. Now, once satisfied hit the START button to begin the flashing process.
- Once flashing completed, your Galaxy Trend Plus GT-S7580 will restart and soon you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. You can now unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer.
Fix Boot Loop Issue On Galaxy Trend Plus GT-S7580
- Go to recovery mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together.
- Now perform Wipe data/Factory Reset and Wipe Cache Partition task before selecting reboot system now function. In recovery mode use Volume keys to navigate between options and Power key to select the option.